About Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC:
Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC, working in conjunction with K.D. Jones Instrument Corporation, is a team dedicated to providing the best customer experience for those that rent or buy geophysical equipment. With a staff possessing over 35 years of field experience, we can assist you with picking the right equipment for your application and get it to you when you need it!
All equipment is field tested when it comes back from a rental and before it is shipped back out to ensure a quality experience for our customers. In other words, each instrument is tested twice for each rental. In the event that equipment breaks in the field, our staff carries their work phones seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Give us a call and we will do out best to get you back up and running in a timely fashion.
Do you see a piece of equipment that you often rent that you are wishing to purchase? We can quote prices for new equipment from many manufacturers (e.g. AGI, Geometrics, Geonics, and Geostuff). Many times there are perks when purchasing through us such as free Ground shipping. Inquire with us before contacting other vendors!
New Customers Information:
Before renting for the first time, all new customers must contact their insurance agent and have them send a certificate of insurance stating their coverage for rentals. This is often referred to as an Inland Marine Policy. In addition, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and K. D. Jones Instrument Corp must be listed as “Additional Insured” and the “Loss Payee.” Please send these document to Rent@GeophysicalEquipmentRental.com. While we wait to confirm a renter has acceptable insurance coverage, one can continue the rental process by filling out the information found on the Request Geophysical Equipment page.
Important Contact Information:
General Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm Central time.
**We always have our phones on us so don’t delay calling us for anything if you are in a bind.
For sales, quotes, purchase order approvals, and technical questions, please call Art @ 262-442-6327.
For rental coordination, scheduling, and general instrument questions, please call Nate @ 262-442-6745.
All equipment must be returned to this physical address:
No weekend or holiday deliveries. This avoids rental property being left outdoors, unsecured, and potentially stolen.
Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC
13129 Green Bay Rd
Mequon, WI 53097
Remit payments to:
PO Box 339
Thiensville, WI 53092
Rental Terms and Conditions Agreement:
- Renter agrees
- there are no verbal agreements or representations.
- that in addition to all taxes, duties, and other fees charged by government entities, the Renter agrees to pay the most recent rental rates provided on the Request Geophysical Equipment page. All unpaid amounts will be charged interest at the rate of 1.5% per month.
- there are no warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, condition, or quality with regard to the rental property.
- to use the rental property solely for its intended purpose and will not make any modifications to the rental property.
- to use the rental property in a careful and proper manner.
- to abide by all applicable warnings, directions, instructions, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- to not loan, sublet, or rent the rental property to any other person or organization.
- to examine rental property and use it only if it is in acceptable condition.
- that at no time is the ownership of the rental property shared with the Renter.
- In its sole and absolute discretion, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp reserve the right to require and set the amount of a security deposit as a condition of a rental. The amount is discretionary and may take into account one or more factors (e.g. available insurance, past payment history, size of business, ability to pay for charges beyond the rental fees, and/or other).
- Rental charges begin the day the rental property is shipped and end the day (inclusive) when the rental property is received at our office in good working condition. Renter agrees not to retain rental property past the predetermined date. In addition, the Renter agrees
- changes in the predetermined date are not acceptable unless approved by Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp in writing prior to the requested modification.
- that for the purpose of calculating rentals, one month is defined as 30 days.
- that preparation fees do not include any shipping charges or insurance.
- to pay for cleaning or repair of dirty or damaged rental property.
- to pay rental charges that extend beyond the predetermined date and to pay the cost of replacement if not returned on the predetermined date.
- that any security deposit will be applied towards rental charges and any other charges, only if the Renter performs all of the terms and conditions; otherwise and if the rental property is not returned by the predetermined date or Renter breaches the terms and conditions, any security deposit will be retained as additional consideration and the Renter will be required to pay additional rental charges and/or other charges, when applicable.
- that the cost of any damage, loss, or theft, may be charged to Renter’s credit card.
- to authorize Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp to process Renter’s credit card(s) on file for any charges under these terms and conditions. If a credit card was not required or determined to be invalid, Renter agrees to pay for charges with a check or cash.
- Renter shall bear all risk of loss, destruction, or damage to rental property resulting from any cause whatsoever. Additional charges may apply upon returns.
- All Prices are F.O.B. Mequon, WI. Rental property must be returned to the physical address, 13129 Green Bay Rd, Mequon, WI 53097. No weekend or holiday deliveries. This avoids rental property being left outdoors, unsecured, and potentially stolen.
- As a courtesy, we do not charge rent if the rental property is shipped on a Friday and in-transit with FedEx or UPS over Saturday, Sunday, and/or an approved holiday (only valid for rentals less than a month). In its sole and absolute discretion, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp reserve the right not to extend this courtesy.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the Renter (visit FedEx or UPS to get fees). Shipping charges paid by Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp will be invoiced with a 15% surcharge. Without exception, all shipments paid by Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp will include the cost of insurance for full replacement. Shipping charges paid by Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp will not be refunded or challenged on behalf of the Renter. In other words, if a shipping company fails to perform as expected and Renter wishes to recover shipping costs, the Renter has the ability to challenge shipping costs only when shipping costs are paid directly by the Renter to the shipper (e.g. a Renter’s shipping account or credit card). Based on our experience, the renter is being given notice that any rental property mailed or shipped in an envelope has a greater chance of being lost or damaged by the shipping company.
- If rental property is not returned by the predetermined date, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp may repossess rental property at any time thereafter at Renter’s expense. Furthermore, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp may notify the police or other authorities if rental property is missing or stolen and Renter will not hold Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC, K. D. Jones Instrument Corp , or civil authorities responsible for their actions to repossess rental property. Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp may take any reasonable steps deemed necessary to recover rental property (e.g., circulating theft notices, enter any location or facility to recover rental property, cause warrants of Renter, agents, partners, or employees, and/or other steps that are deemed necessary).
- Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including but not limited to labor, loss of use, loss of damage to personal or real property, inconvenience, or loss of income. Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC’s and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp’s liability for any losses or damages shall be limited to the lesser amount of the actual rental charges of the rental property or one months rental charges. This is the Renter’s sole and exclusive remedy.
- Renter assumes all risks of loss and damage to the rental property and all liability for any injury to any person or property caused by the operation, handling or transportation of the rental property during the rental period. Renter agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC, K. D. Jones Instrument Corp, and all shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and manufacturers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs (including legal fees), or actions of any nature whatsoever arising out of or related to Renter’s use or operation of the rental property, regardless of fault, including injuries or death to persons or damage to property of any person or entity, including the Renter. This obligation of renter shall survive the return of the rental property and termination of agreement.
- While a Renter may request preconfigured instrumentation (e.g. land streamer geophone spacing, odometer calibration, or data logger settings), the responsibility remains with the Renter for the setup, configuration, and use of the rental property.
- In its sole and absolute discretion, Geophysical Equipment Rental LLC and/or K. D. Jones Instrument Corp reserve the right to refuse to rent rental property to any person or group for any reason.